Re: JACK 0.91.1-1

Hello!

[Mon, 12 Jan 2004] guenter geiger wrote:
> Looks good to me - only did some barebone tests, qjackctl and ladcca
> compiled against 0.80.0 work.
>
> Anyhow, now that 0.75.0 is in testing we can go ahead and upload
> to unstable directly. Jack related packages will have to be
> recompiled anyhow, as 0.80.0 was only in experimental.

Sure.

> Can you do that and notify the maintainers of jack packages ?

I will.

> Any feedback from Junichi yet ?

No. He asked me to comaintain so my default mode of operation is to
upload in a few days according to the plan below.

> I don know about special release rules, so I hope we are allowed
> to upload new versions to unstable.

We had a request from Junichi for a "mini-freeze" around JACK in
November. I don't know if that really is still valid because the goal of
that freeze is reached and the timetable for the release changed a lot.
I think we can do it and push another recompile.

Meanwhile JACK 0.94.0 is in the wild. API impact is non-existant but it
fixes important aspects of the command-line-parsing. My upload will be
based on that.

        Robert.

--
The value of a program is proportional to the weight of its output.