Re: sigma driver from RH to debian woody

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 12:02:35PM +0800, Edward wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am trying to use a RH driver for sigma design's realmagic cards. i was
> able to compile the driver and the player under debian with no errors
> but when i run the player, it hangs my whole system. i would like to
> know what differeces does debian and RH8 have and how can i make the
> player to work in debian?

I'm both the Debian maintainer and currently the most active upstream
developper for those drivers, so I hope I will be able to help you...

First of all, a few questions:
  * What version of Debian are you currently using? (woody/stable,
    sarge/testing or sid/unstable)
  * What kernel are you using?
  * If you're using woody/stable, would you be interrested by a backport
    of the sarge/testing drivers?
  * Did you try with the tarball from dxr3.sourceforge.net? Or with the
    current CVS snapshot (especially if you're using a 2.6 kernel)?

Regards,

Nicolas