Re: alsaplayer vs aplay

When I try "alsaplayer sound.wav", I get the following errors:
Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying defaults.
error opening /dev/dsp
Failed to initialize plugin!
/usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/liboss_out.so failed to load
NOTE: THIS IS THE NULL PLUGIN.      YOU WILL NOT HEAR SOUND!!

On IRC LSorensen suggested I add my username to the audio group.
He also informed me that the alsaplayer-alsa package exists.
I installed the other package and added the audio group and
now both programs produce sound.  I cannot get sound out of XMMS
yet but I will play with it when I get more time.

Richard