Re: jack 0.75 mini-freeze

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 01:51:30PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> What criteria are you using to classify this as a grave bug, given that
> the vast majority of sarge users will be running 2.4 kernels?  I don't
> recall seeing anything that made 2.6 support a "must" for sarge, so I
> don't see that an RC severity is justified here.

"the vast majority of sarge users will be running 2.4 kernels"?

Considering the current state of unstable, I don't think Debian 3.1 will
be released before the second half of 2004.

Considering the current speed of Debian development, Debian 3.2 will be
released in 2006 or 2007.

Even today, the 2.4.18 kernel on the Debian 3.0 boot floppies is too old
to even boot on many modern systems (e.g. with some Promise IDE
controllers).

I don't think "the vast majority of sarge users will be running 2.4
kernels" in 2006.

> Steve Langasek

cu
Adrian