Re: jack 0.75 mini-freeze

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 10:02:15AM +0100, guenter geiger wrote:
> > > From the look of it, jack-audio-connection-kit is waiting only for

> > >  * gem -- which seems to have experienced build failure for powerpc and hppa

> For my part, I would prefer that jack gets pushed in and gem stays
> uninstallable for some days, than having jack to wait another 10
> days. ... So feel free to remove gem from testing, I will try to
> figure out whats happening on ppc and hppa and then it can migrate into
> testing again.

> I think the same is true for the other packages. It seems that the testing
> mechanism really gets in the way to be productive with packages depending
> or related to jack.

> Is there a way we can force jack in and solve this problem ?

If gem were all that stood between jack-audio-connection-kit and
testing, it's easy to remove gem from testing, yes.  There are at least
three other packages that would also have to be removed at this point,
however.  If wine, freqtweak, and fluidsynth are all ready to go, and
gem is still not ready, I don't see why we couldn't remove it from
testing (with your permission :) to get the rest in.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer