Booting

Hello,

I am a big fan of your project and have a question that is important to me. Is a convenient solution for multiboot planned in the near future? As long as Mobian cannot fully replace an Android device, it is essential to be able to boot into Android on the Linux smartphone and switch between systems at any time. A device that only runs Mobian will unfortunately only be a toy in the long run. There are many people who would try it out, but their smartphone must remain practical for everyday use. I think this issue would be one of the most urgent to make your project more popular. Who walks around with a phone that doesn't have Android?

Although there is MultibootROM for my Poco F1, it cannot boot GNU/Linux from an SD card. This is probably because the kernel is on the card and needs to be loaded first. Wouldn't it be possible to provide a boot image for the supported devices? This would only need to be flashed in the MultiROM recovery, and then an entry would appear in the menu. Devices that can boot from an SD card could even start PostmarketOS and other distributions there using Grub 2. What do you think of the idea?

Regards
Rudi Engehorn