Re: Please add another Debian enabled device

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 10:37 PM HellKaim wrote:

> I was recently crossing the https://wiki.debian.org/Mobile and learned that my beloved Cosmo Communicator and a Gemini devices by Planet Computers are not on the list.
>
> I personally think it's a pity that they are not there so kindly asking admins to add them to the list.

Feel free to register an account and add the device to the page. I've
marked your email address for registration auto-approval.

> Gemini kernel see https://github.com/gemian/gemini-linux-kernel-3.18

That is a very old version of the Linux kernel, if you are in contact
with Planet at all, please suggest to them that they add support for
the device to Linux mainline so that it becomes easy to install any
distro.

> And about Gemini here https://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php/Linux_Flashing_Guide

Debian doesn't appear to have any tools for flashing Mediatek based
devices, if you would like to package some, please check out this
page:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/

--
bye,