Re: Debian base smartphone today not for incomings years!!

On 2019-12-20 19:01 +0000, Pepe wrote:
> That said, I think it would be time to start creating a free ecosystem with a
> debian base for smartphones, ... the infrastructure has it, technical knowledge
> more than enough and seen, and the "apps" thousands ...

You are not the first person to have this thought. The most successful
effort in this are at the moment is Librem PureOS:
https://developer.puri.sm/Librem5/Introduction.html
https://pureos.net/

I suggest that this is the best place to help out as it has the best
change of getting somewhere.

To put debian on random hardware in very many cases comes up against the
'hacked-up android kernel' problem, so you are restricted to chroots,
keeping the original android kernel. There are projects for doing that.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/