Re: Debian on my tablet?

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:45:56PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I read it's - maybe - possibile to install Debian on a mobile device such as
> tablets, and I'm curious about that and would like to try it with my android
> tablet.  I installed the Debian package android-tools-adb on my pc, connected
> the tablet to the pc via cable and did:
>
>  $ adb shell
>
> but the device turns to be `not found'.  Please help whoever can.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rodolfo

You probably need to turn the debug option in the settings. You go to
Settings, Developer options, then enable USB debugging.

In case Developer options is not on, you need to enable it, I recall it
was like touching 7 times the Build Number at Settings, About phone.

It's a long road after that to get Debian running in your device, but
it's a start. Getting root access is a good next step. In some devices,
you can run adb as root. You might try it by running adb root before you
run adb shell (wait some seconds as adb root will restart the adb daemon
process in your device).

Cascardo.