Re: [Fso] FSO Revitalizing Plan

On Thu 13 March 2014 22:46:29 gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 19:06:58 +0100, Lukas Maerdian wrote:
> > The Neo900 (neo900.org) looks like a nice target for the future (end
> > of this year), as it is based on the GTA04 and provides to possibility
> > to explore new technology, such as LTE. In Addition the N900/Neo900
> > has a very big and vital developer base and
>
> Well, more like a handful of people left ...
>
> > some people are keen to
> > port Maemo5/Fremantle to the Neo900.
>
> ... which is a Debian fork from 2008 or 2009.

Hmm, dunno what fork open-embedded is, then. At least maemo community got
kernel 3.14 working recently, for maemo fremantle (except sound and camera,
iirc). And you're free to update all the core system stuff as well, some (like
sudo) could really use it.
However a embedded system IMHO never will be the HEAD of linus branch, you
*need* adaptions/tweaks that make the system excel, in maemo there's quite a
number of those. And we want to keep them, not sacrifice them for a mainline
bleeding edge linux.

cheers
jOERG
(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)