Pirelli DPL-10 Linux+Osmocom in the future?

Hi all,

Just wanted to mention that I'm working on porting over some bits of osmocom/nuttx to the Pirelli DPL-10 phone with the hopes of having a fairly unix-like cell phone.

Look at this page for some specs:

http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/PirelliDPL10

It has a good chunk of memory so may be able to run linux at some point...

Flash/SRAM: Spansion S71PL129NC0 128MBit/64MBit

16 MB Flash
8 MB SRAM

Obviously this system would be quite different from any sort of standard debian system. I'm no expert in the amount of ram/storage that is required but I'm fairly certain that's not nearly enough for a normal-ish debian install.

I know that using sven-ola's debian kit on my Motorola Defy my debian image was 1GB and I ran into space problems somewhat often. Granted I was trying to do a LOT with that little amount.

-Craig