Re: Manual

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 6:08 AM, Faham wrote:

> Is there a manual on how to create a mobile os using debian as base install.

We have a howto on that topic on our wiki. It can be summarised like
this: pick a single device and get support for it added to the Linux
kernel and a bootloader (like u-boot). You will need some mechanism to
communicate with the modem and support for that will need to be added
to one or more of the middlewares (FSO, oFono or the ones from
QtMoko/Android/MeeGo/Maemo/Tizen/FirefoxOS). Then you will need a
user-interface that supports your chosen middleware and some
applications that use your UI and middleware. Then you need to get all
of that into mainline upstream projects and afterwards package it for
Debian or update existing packages. Some other things about Debian
need improving too - like we don't build any preinstalled images.

https://wiki.debian.org/Mobile#Howto

--
bye,
pabs