Re: Detecting a "stylus based" system, for sgt-puzzles

Whether a device is stylus-based can change at runtime. For example,
my laptop is a Thinkpad X201 tablet. If I rotate the screen, the
physical keyboard is unavailable, leaving the screen
(pen/eraser/touch) as the only input device. Similarly someone could
have a tablet and keyboard plugged in via USB and remove the keyboard.

I could also decide that while playing sgt-puzzles I want to switch to
using the screen input, without hiding the
keyboard/touchpad/trackpoint away or unplugging the USB mouse. As you
can imagine, reading the user's mind is not possible, so therefore you
have to make all available input devices useful to the user.

Debian systems with graphical interfaces usually just use toolkits
that interface with Xorg, so your question would probably have been
better directed at the upstream mailing lists for either GTK+ or for
Xorg itself. Please note that multi-touch input is only just being
added to Xorg now and IIRC GTK+ doesn't have proper support for
touch-based input released yet (i.e scrolling instead of selecting on
touch-based devices).

Could you describe what STYLUS_BASED changes in the behaviour of the games?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise