Re: ftp server shutdown: your statements are not completely true

Hi,

The decision has been discussed here months ago.

In order to make copies of he mirror to your local netwowork you should try ftpsync[0]. Is the recommended way of mirroring debian. Or at least try rsync (ftpsync uses it in their guts), it has wonderful capabilities like compression, downloading only modified files and many more.

[0]: https://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror

Best regards,
  Alejandro Suárez