Re: Failed to resolve ftp.th.debian.org

Dear list,

Sorry for a very late follow-up. I've just checked my mail box
and have just seen this old message.

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 9:58 PM, Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Sep 2017, Ben Babich wrote:
>
>> Is there desire for a replacement to be stood up? I may be able to help here...
>
> I don't know the mirror situation in Thailand.  Are there a few good
> mirrors?  Is there a need for a ftp.TH.d.o or are users good with
> picking a site from those that are available?

Current local users seem to have their own favorite mirrors
for everyday uses. But a default should make more sense
to new comers.

We, the maintainers of Thai Debian mirror sites (Cc:),
have discussed, and have agreed to choose mirror.kku.ac.th
as ftp.th.d.o, as it usually gets the highest rank in
debian mirror check [1], has the highest bandwidth,
both domestic and international, among the current secondary sites,
and provides complete mirror for all architectures.

[1] http://ftp.de.debian.org/dmc/today/

So, could you please set up the DNS by pointing
ftp.th.debian.org to mirror.kku.ac.th?

Thanks,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan