Re: Question about Ftpsync

On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 07:55:23AM +0430, mohsen Abbaspour wrote:
> Hi
> I  try  to   deploy   public  Debian mirror  on my data center , I prepared
> 10T free space and ran Ftpsync to sync All .  so far  it downloaded about
> 600T via Ftpsync ,
> but  when I want to test  my mirror link  I cant get any package from my
> mirror
> the Download does not complete yet.
> my mirror link : http://debian.hostiran.ir/
> should I  have Particular configuration on Ftpsync ??

Hi

I took a quick look at http://debian.hostiran.ir/ and see that the
mirroring lockfile is still in place. Another look at
http://debian.hostiran.ir/dists/jessie/ indicated that the Release files
are also not present yet. I think you're still busy with the first
ftpsync run.

The ftpsync process happens in stages, as a safety design; in the
earlier stage all the Release files (and some others) are ignored. In
this way, a mirror is assured to already have downloaded the package
files before it serves up a listing saying it has those files.

Due to that, until the first run completes, you won't be able to use the
mirror yet.

I hope this helps to explain the issue.

-J