Re: HTTPS metadata in Mirrors.masterlist?

[ Dropped debian-boot from recipients ]

On Sun, Apr 09, 2017 at 12:07:33PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Peter Palfrader wrote:
> > Adding https just makes this a whole extra mess.
> As outlined in my recent mail I don't think that it's that much of an
> extra-effort once we track HTTPS in Mirrors.masterlist. And I
> especially think the gain outweighs the additional effort.

Please describe a workflow that allows us to re-point ftp.*.debian.org at
will without intervention of the admin of the real system.  No, Let's
Encrypt does not help, as this only allows to add live hostnames to
certificates.

Regards,
Bastian

--
You!  What PLANET is this!
		-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0