Re: ftpsync mail tool?

On 25.05.16 09:41, Chris Lapa wrote:
I'm not sure if I have the correct dependencies for ftpsync to send email reports (mailutils and ssmtp). However when ftpsync finishes instead of emailing me status it fails with:
'mail: Unknown command: -s'

this looks like you are using /usr/bin/mail from mailutils package.
While bsd-mailx and heirloom-mailx defined option "-E" as
"Don't send messages with an empty body.",

mailutils' mailx version uses that option as:

       -E, --exec=COMMAND
              execute COMMAND

I'm not sure whether ftpsync should use that option ...

Again I'm unsure if this is a known issue or if the archvsync script set depends on a different package for mail? If its a undiscovered issue then I have a patch already to fix it.

what patch?
The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.