Re: ftp.es.debian.org is down

Hello Again,

On 5 July 2016 at 17:36, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfs@debian.org> wrote:
Hello Daniel,
On 5 July 2016 at 10:26, Daniel García Moreno <danigm@gmail.com> wrote:
It's a known down for maintenance? someone know when it'll go up again?

I have  confirmed that the server is down (and all its associated services). It is not a planned downtime and have contacted our hosting company to try to determine what is the root cause of the error.

The service has been restored now. We are investigating the issue but it seems that some Internet users abused the service by launching too many FTP requests which overloaded the server yesterday at 9:43. We have banned these users from the service and it seems to be stable now.

Please let us know if you see any other issue with the server or the mirror service in this host.

Best regards

Javier