Re: files should be updated first, and then the lists

On 09.03.15 08:27, 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson wrote:
I did apt-get update, completing successfully at
Sun Mar  8 23:32:16 UTC 2015
then at 00:14 apt-get failed with
Err http://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian/ experimental/main libdrm2 i386 2.4.59-1
 404  Not Found
Err http://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian/ experimental/main libdrm-intel1 i386 2.4.59-1
 404  Not Found
Err http://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian/ experimental/main libdrm-nouveau2 i386 2.4.59-1
 404  Not Found
Err http://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian/ experimental/main libdrm-radeon1 i386 2.4.59-1

Then five minutes later it worked fine.

So I still say the files should be updated first, and then the lists, if
that is indeed where the problem lies.

this is how debian mirrors should update by default. the standard sync
scripts fetches new package files (pool/) in the first run, fetches all
files in ths second run and removes obsolete files at the end of second run
(--delete-after). See https://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror

maybe ftp.tw uses obsolete rsync script or a problem appeared...

Chernobyl was an Windows 95 beta test site.