Re: Push failing for ftp.ticklers.org...

Simon Paillard <spaillard@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 01:08:17AM +0100, Alister Winfield wrote:
>> ftp.ticklers.org is failing to be pushed… (might be configured as
>> eth1.ftp1.ticklers.org).
>>
>> When the upstream has a moment can they see what the issue might be from
>> their end. ( Did reboot recently so its entirely possible something was not
>> correctly reflected in the startup configs ).
>
> Can see this offline with Phil Hands (here in CC), admin of ftp.uk.debian.org
> aka free.hands.com, which seems to be your upstream / server you expect a
> trigger from.

Right, sorry for not being a bit more active in spotting these, life's
been just a bit busy recently, so I didn't have time to follow up the
consequences of moving IP addresses.

The problem is almost certainly due to the fact that free.hands.com
moved IP addresses recently, which probably means that you're ignoring
the pushes from the new address, either because of firewalling, or
because of the IP address being listed in your .ssh/authorized_keys file

The new addresses are:

   78.129.164.123

and

   2001:1b40:5600:ff80:f8ee::1

(the later being a real IPv6 address for the machine, rather than via an
he.net tunnel, that being the reason to do the IPv4 change)

Cheers, Phil.
|-|  HANDS.COM Ltd.                    http://ftp.uk.debian.org/