External monitoring of official mirror services?

Hello,

I was wondering if there existed any service we mirror admins could use to setup monitoring through the Internet of the services provided by an official mirror (in my case ftp.es.debian.org).

I'm looking for a service, hosted in a DSA administered machine that will monitor several TCP ports (rsync, ftp, www) and send email alerts to defined mirror admins if any of those go down. Bonus points if they detect ouf of date mirrors. Surely a Nagios instance (or similar) would suffice.

The mirrors page lists two monitoring services:
http://mirror.debian.org/status.html and http://ftp.de.debian.org/dmc/today/. However, as far as I know, they do not send email alerts to mirror admins if something goes wrong.

I'm also aware of Saas offerings out there that provide this (some are even free for basic monitoring with a basic account)  but I rather not go this way (or the do-it-yourself) if there is already something available.

Thanks for your help.

Javier Fernández-Sanguino

Pd: Email messages sent by users using the mirrors and complaining they don't work is another way. But I rather not rely on that one :)