debian-cd size

Hi,

I'm hostmaster of one of the debian mirrors (ftp.uni-sofia.bg), and with the forthcoming new release and the problems we have with disk space, took a quick look at the size of debian-cd, especially the iso images part:

$ du -sm 6.0.7{,-live}/*/iso*
40325    6.0.7/amd64/iso-cd
38925    6.0.7/amd64/iso-dvd
8527    6.0.7/armel/iso-cd
9615    6.0.7/armel/iso-dvd
40488    6.0.7/i386/iso-cd
39044    6.0.7/i386/iso-dvd
9041    6.0.7/ia64/iso-cd
9923    6.0.7/ia64/iso-dvd
8033    6.0.7/kfreebsd-amd64/iso-cd
9224    6.0.7/kfreebsd-amd64/iso-dvd
8072    6.0.7/kfreebsd-i386/iso-cd
9195    6.0.7/kfreebsd-i386/iso-dvd
8466    6.0.7/mips/iso-cd
9489    6.0.7/mips/iso-dvd
8357    6.0.7/mipsel/iso-cd
9412    6.0.7/mipsel/iso-dvd
417    6.0.7/multi-arch/iso-cd
4466    6.0.7/multi-arch/iso-dvd
11937    6.0.7/powerpc/iso-cd
9723    6.0.7/powerpc/iso-dvd
7763    6.0.7/s390/iso-cd
9129    6.0.7/s390/iso-dvd
23983    6.0.7/source/iso-cd
25895    6.0.7/source/iso-dvd
8505    6.0.7/sparc/iso-cd
9621    6.0.7/sparc/iso-dvd
4512    6.0.7-live/amd64/iso-hybrid
4586    6.0.7-live/i386/iso-hybrid

I guess my question is, are there any official ideas to lower the required space for debian-cd ? Maybe limit the number of ISO images generated (especially for amd64 and i386), or consider having a preferred format (DVD vs. CD) ? Mirrors usually carry the necessary jigdo files for generation of images, so maybe only a couple of the first images will be enough ?

Regards,
--velin