Re: [Debconf-discuss] cdn.debian.net pointing at .mit.edu mirror from DC12 connections

Hi there!

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 13:12:55 -0600, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Montag, 2. Juli 2012, Luca Capello wrote:
>> Here at UCA, cdn.d.n is pointing at mirrors in:
>> * but never the Debian mirror at UCA (which despite ping's error works
>> fine via apt-get when on wired network)
>
> that mirror is located at UNI, not UCA. (its on the other side of the street,
> but I'm not sure we dont have international-routing to there ;)

Thank you for the correction, I still miss some "local" information ;-)

>> First question: as I asked previous DebConfs, would it be possible to
>> point cdn.debian.net to the internal mirror ("todo va", I am not in a
>> hurry)?
>
> sounds like a good idea. I'd also support redirecting ftp*.debian.org to the
> internal mirror. (btw, on homer in /root/test there should be one and the is
> also a root-screen session running debmirror... feel free to set this up
> properly.)

I talked with Rene about that as well and I perfectly agree for
ftp*.d.o, but after having thought about that I fear that cdn.d.n will
not be affected :-(

Anyway, until the internal mirror is not ready, this is vaporware.

>> Second question not related to DebConf12: is the current setup OK or it
>> should be adjusted WRT the UCA mirror?
>
> I was told in April/May that in the past that mirror was very unreliable,
> thats why noone was using it.
>
> Maybe this has changed, maybe not. I suggest to talk to locals about this
> first, before changing cdn.d.n.

You were right, I was testing a wheezy installation via d1_alpha1 amd64
CD-1 plus debian.uni.edu.ni and I got "Encountered a section with no
Package: header" for Translation-* files.  I then switched to
cdn.debian.net (which resolved to 200.75.30.181) and the installation
finished (slowly) fine.

Just forget my request for debian.uni.edu.ni, then :-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca