Re: IPV6 connection to www.debian.org

Hi Osamu,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:03:10PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Recently, my fiber-connection ISP moved to serve IPV6.  This has made me
> access www.debian.org via IPV6.
>
> Somehow, I get very slow connection occasionally.  I am suspecting
> configuration problem on my side.  (IPV6->IPV4 fall back issue?)  But
> this problem happens only with www.debian.org and less with some page
> like http://www.debian.org/Bugs/ .

The DNS TTL is 300s for www.debian.org, so the fact it's occasional
certainly depends on the web server you connect to.

First, please check which view is served for you:
$ dig +short TXT www.debian.org @geo1.debian.org

You can also check which ip you connect to.

I've check v4 vs v6 latency/rates for all our webmirrors, nothing
surprising/chocking.