Re: ftpsync test please

On Mon, 14 May 2012, Witold Baryluk wrote:
On 05-01 01:03, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
at http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/joerg/ftpsync/ you can find a
pre-release of the 80486 version of ftpsync.
I have one more wishlist. I currently using ftpsync, but need to connect
to upstream server using IPv6 because rsync over IPv4 is blocked on my
network. Because rsync doesn't know this, and assumes I have working
IPv4 and target server resolves to IPv4 it tries with IPv4, but timeouts
connecting to it. (EDIT: This is not longer the case apperently).

I do not know why rsync didn't try IPv6 first (IMHO it should), so I was
forced to  manually add -6 flag to list of RSYNC options. In recent
rsync version it was fixed and rsync tries IPv6 if machine have IPv6
connectivity and target server have IPv6 and IPv4 records in DNS.

Problem is what to do when I want to ADD option to the rsync option list, but not modify it.

Maybe it's a bit of a hack, but couldn't you use something like

   RSYNC="rsync -6"

as a workaround?

I'm testing it right now and it seems to work for me.

--
Povl Ole