Re: rsync for dists/ only

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Carlos Carvalho <carlos@fisica.ufpr.br> wrote:
Neil Williams (codehelp@debian.org) wrote on 11 January 2012 22:15:
 >However, many mirrors complain about use of rsync and every once in a
 >while, specific mirrors will fail to rsync.

Use the official country mirrors, ftp.<country>.d.o. They must offer
rsync, it's part of their duty. If you find one that doesn't complain
here. ftp.uk should have worked but every so often it doesn't so I'd
avoid it. The same for us and tw...

Although country mirrors should offer rsync, Peter stated that when it is necessary to temporarily reassign the country mirrors, the http service is the only criterion.  See http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors/2011/06/msg00007.html

Perhaps I don't quite understand the requirements.  Can't you  pick one of the push-primary or push-secondary mirrors offering rsync from the list at http://www.debian.org/mirror/list-full and use its canonical name (rather than country mirror alias)?

For greater robustness, modify the script to test for success else retry with an alternate mirror.