Re: Could not resolve 'ftp.br.debian.org'

On Thursday the whole national academic backbone here was cut from
international access due to 2 simultaneous fiber cuts. The
interruption lasted about 9h. Therefore you couldn't resolve names
here, much less access our mirror (which BTW is one of the dns servers
of our domain).

I'm sorry for the trouble to you. It was really a much longer outage
than it should happen.

I understand if you no longer want to check with us but would be happy
if you have the patience to continue. Your checking is highly
effective and keeps us on our toes. In any case, thanks a lot for your
cooperation.