Re: security mirror

Hello,

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 01:06:25PM -0600, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> I'm curious about mirroring security.d.o because I'm living in Japan
> and there is no security mirror in that area (Asia), I guess. Some of
> other Japanese users complain about its speed, so if we'll have that
> it's very nice for us.
>
> So, I want to know about the criteria for serving security mirror.
> We have some facilities but don't know it meets spec or so.
> Does anyone tell or point out url to me?

A security mirror (as a mirror serving requests to security.debian.org) is a
machine :
* whose admin is DSA
* real machine not VM
* which as out-of-band access, like IP KVM, iLO
* not firewalled
* redundant disk/PSU/fans
* under warranty or support so that it gets fixed in case of failure

Still, it's a summary of DSA words on previous mails, and DSA has the last word
regarding whether a machine can become debian.org.