Re: Debian in Myanmar

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 05:32:21PM +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
> I have visited Yangon and have given some talks and tutorials
> on Debian packaging & mirroring. And I'd like to share some
> information with community.
>
> - Initiation. Ngwe Tun and other Myanmar L10N team have
> initiated an effort to provide facilities for GNU/Linux users
> in Myanmar, starting from mirroring of Debian and other
> distros. The hardware, hosting and bandwidth have been
> sponsored by organizations, and I'm invited to set it up and
> to train local people to maintain it.
>
> - Debian mirroring has been started. With the international
> bandwidth we have (~ 2Mbps), we start with partial mirror
> only, and the initial sync should take about 2 weeks to finish.

With my mirroradm hat, I'd like to remind the mirroring guidelines:
http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror

While you cannot exclude dists/sources, you can exclude archs based on their
popularity:
http://www.debian.org/mirror/size

Feel free to contact us at mirrors@debian.org (or
debian-mirrors@lists.debian.org) when your mirror meets the guidelines and is