Re: Debian in Myanmar
- To: Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <email@example.com>
- Cc: Debian i18n <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ngwe Tun <email@example.com>, Thura Hlaing <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Geoffrey Kyaw Thet Lwin <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Debian in Myanmar
- From: Simon Paillard <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:53:10 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20110910135310.GJ10425@glenfiddich.mraw.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Debian i18n <email@example.com>, Ngwe Tun <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Thura Hlaing <email@example.com>, Geoffrey Kyaw Thet Lwin <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <CACvhRisOpdcmRtwfTwOqqES4a613eVjysAV4n=WFy019HJKqKQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CACvhRisOpdcmRtwfTwOqqES4a613eVjysAV4n=WFy019HJKqKQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 05:32:21PM +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
> I have visited Yangon and have given some talks and tutorials
> on Debian packaging & mirroring. And I'd like to share some
> information with community.
> - Initiation. Ngwe Tun and other Myanmar L10N team have
> initiated an effort to provide facilities for GNU/Linux users
> in Myanmar, starting from mirroring of Debian and other
> distros. The hardware, hosting and bandwidth have been
> sponsored by organizations, and I'm invited to set it up and
> to train local people to maintain it.
> - Debian mirroring has been started. With the international
> bandwidth we have (~ 2Mbps), we start with partial mirror
> only, and the initial sync should take about 2 weeks to finish.
With my mirroradm hat, I'd like to remind the mirroring guidelines:
While you cannot exclude dists/sources, you can exclude archs based on their
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or
email@example.com) when your mirror meets the guidelines and is
ready (or for any other question).