Re: ANONftpsync no longer works after squeezed server.

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:35:33PM +0200, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> I had to install squeeze on the www server freedom.dicea.unifi.it.
> after the updating two functions of the mirror do not longer works:
> a. it does not rsync as before. it looks there is something in the
> script that has becomne unacceptable:
> the error is this:
>
> *********************
> freedom:/home/rsyncdd# sh ftpsync
> [: 139: alpha: unexpected operator
[..]
> #       if [ "$ARCH" == "source" ]; then
> #               SOURCE_EXCLUDE="\
> #               --exclude *.tar.gz \
> #               --exclude *.diff.gz \
> #               --exclude *.dsc "
> #       fi
>
> the lines that did not worked are the commented out ones
> Now without such lines it works ... but this is a sign of another
> problem ?

(Squeeze comes with bash 4, which is more rigorous about syntax.)

Despite the local name, this script is actually the deprecated
anonftpsync, please switch to the recommended ftpsync tool set:
http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror#how

> Second error : i have installed pure-ftp sinche the previous one had
> strange problem with a client from one of local user (that has a
> privilege). this works fine for all non anonymous users, but not for
> anonymous ones.  is these some correction in configuration i have to
> do ?--

Well ftp://freedom.dicea.unifi.it/pub/linux/debian/ is ok here.

BTW http://freedom.dicea.unifi.it/ webalizer is no longer updated