ftpsync no longer works after squeezed server.

I had to install squeeze on the www server
freedom.dicea.unifi.it.
after the updating two functions of the mirror do not longer
works:
a. it does not rsync as before. it looks
there is something in the script that has becomne
unacceptable:
the error is this:

*********************
freedom:/home/rsyncdd# sh ftpsync
[: 139: alpha: unexpected operator
[: 139: arm: unexpected operator
[: 139: armel: unexpected operator
[: 139: hppa: unexpected operator
[: 139: sparc: unexpected operator
[: 139: source: unexpected operator
[: 139: hurd-i386: unexpected operator
[: 139: kfreebsd-i386: unexpected operator
[: 139: kfreebsd-amd64: unexpected operator
ERROR: Help, something weird happened
*************************

actually it come from these lines:

************************
# Exclude architectures defined in $ARCH_EXCLUDE
for ARCH in $ARCH_EXCLUDE; do
        EXCLUDE=$EXCLUDE"\
                --exclude binary-$ARCH/ --exclude disks-
$ARCH/ \
                --exclude installer-$ARCH/ --exclude
*_$ARCH.deb \
                --exclude Contents-$ARCH.gz --exclude
*_$ARCH.udeb "
#       if [ "$ARCH" == "source" ]; then
#               SOURCE_EXCLUDE="\
#               --exclude *.tar.gz \
#               --exclude *.diff.gz \
#               --exclude *.dsc "
#       fi
done
********************

the lines that did not worked are the commented out ones
. Now without such lines it works ... but this is a sign of
another problem ?

Second error : i have installed pure-ftp sinche the previous
one had strange problem with a client from one of local
user (that has a privilege). this works fine for all non
anonymous users, but not for anonymous ones.
is these some correction in configuration i have to do ?--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento
Ingegneria Civile
Universita` di Firenze , V. S. Marta 3 - I-50139 Firenze
tel +39 0554796431 cell +39 3488605348 fax +39
055495333
http://www.dicea.unifi.it/~leo