cdimage.debian.org mirroring

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 12:57:25PM +0700, Chatchai Jantaraprim wrote:

> > All the "missing" images are not included *as ISOs* on purpose. Simply
> > because they are very seldomly used and together would take up huge
> > amounts of space on the mirrors.
>
> 	Umm... may be I mis-interpreted the contents of MD5SUMS and SHA1SUMS as
>
> 	"There are all of these ISO files here, which have these sums
> 	values that should be checked after these ISOs downloaded, before
> 	they get burned into CD/DVD/BD".
>
> 	So it might be my ignorant, but should there be something such as
> 	README file explain to those who looking for ISO files from
> 	debian-cd mirrors that they won't see those ISOs here, and what
> 	they should do to if they really want to get one.
>
> 	May be a README file at top level of debian-cd/?

	And apart of that "missing" images from user (who looking for ISO files)
	point of view.

	From someone who try to mirror debian-cd, at the moment I'm taking care
	of ftp.th.debian.org/{debian,debian-backports,debian-cd,debian-volatile,
	debian-security}. I found that the 'trace' files of debian-cd in

		http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/project/trace

	is not up-to-date. There are also 'trace' in

		http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.4/trace

	should we treat mirroring debian-cd differently from other mirrors?
	(debian, debian-{backports, volatile, security})

	IMHO, yes, mirror everything except .iso files. Run the ftpsync script
	once a week should enough. Using hook script to generate ISO from jigdo
	file and template. ls-lR.gz file and indices directory at top level of
	debian-cd/ (like one exists on debian/) also nice to have.

Cheers,
cj