Re: special provisions when etch makes it to archives?

On 12011 March 1977, Ricardo Yanez wrote:

> Thanks, I was not aware of the existence of those two marvelous files..

> I made a simple script that copies oldstable to debian-archives... only
> thing that needs to be defined is the from and to directories.

> This would make a copy of oldstable while it's not in the archives,
> which means that no syncs should be performed (there is no reason to
> regularly sync debian-archives, unless there is a change). When the
> actual movement happens I can perform a sync.

Right now you shouldnt run this. Or your debian-archive will look
different to others, which isnt all that nice. Ill announce the move of
etch about two weeks before I actually do it, there should be enough
time then.

> for FILES in $INDICES ; do
>  zcat $FILES | xargs cp --archive --target-directory=$TO_DIR --verbose
> --parents
> done
> </snip>

If its on the same filesystem, -l helps to save a lot.

Also, for those used to rsync --files-from is the param there which you
want to feed with the lists.

--
bye, Joerg
Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.