Re: Problem with mirror; Can't find list of contacts

Simon Paillard un jour écrivit:
Hello Daniel,

Sorry for the delay..

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 11:01:24PM -0400, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
I'm experiencing problems with a few (three out of four) mirror in
Canada, but when I when the debian website to find the contact people
for the mirrors I couldn't find any such thing.  Is that deliberate, or
is it just hard to find (i.e. should be on the page about mirrors that
one can get to from the mirror list page)?

We don't want people to directly contact mirrors providers, for some
good reasons :
 * we want to filter false positive reports to avoid harassing admins
   for nothing
 * we want to be aware of issues on mirror

  And if they want to be reached eas
gulus-miroir@listes.USherbrooke.ca

gulus.usherbrooke.ca times out or reports '503 Connect Failed'

Gulus is facing hardware issues, so it is unfortunately not
available, and has been removed from ftp.ca.d.os since 6th march.

The problem is currently under control, and there is no reason why you would have got such a message from our mirror for the past week. But "under control" is not "resolved", so I can't be sure the problem will not came back, and it is not good enough to be again listed on ftp.ca.debian.org

The only 'normal' way to get a 503 from our mirror is if it detect that you are using a download accelerator with too many simultaneous connections (which is likely not your case). If you are being a NATed network, someone else using a download accelerator can also get you banned from our mirror for 30 minutes. I can confirm that easily if I have your IP address.

Can you give me the approximate time of the timeout and the used IP address? You can also send the information directly to gulus-miroir@listes.USherbrooke.ca.

Also, it looks to me more likely that the problem is on your side than having most of the Canadians mirrors not working properly, though we would certainly prefer to be sure.

Simon Valiquette
http://gulus.USherbrooke.ca