Re: 答复: new debian mirror from beijing china

Hi Wang Lei,

(cc to -mirrors as these info also useful to other mirror maintainers)

The difference between pull mode and push mode is the "push" mode uses a
triggering mechanism to immediately inform the client mirror that it
needs to be updated.

The "push" mode takes a little more effort to set up since the
maintainers of the upstream and downstream mirror must exchange
information. The benefit is that the upstream mirror initiates the
mirror process immediately after its archive has been updated. This
allows changes to the archive to propagate extremely quickly.

And all the public debian mirror are *recommended* to be work as "push"
mode to ensure the quality itself and also for it's downstream mirrors.

Please read the details carefuly:
    http://www.debian.org/mirror/push_mirroring

The keys for "push" mode are available:
    http://ftp.tw.debian.org/~andrew/push-mirror/identity.ftp.tw.pub
    http://ftp.tw.debian.org/~andrew/push-mirror/identity.volatile.pub

Please let me know which $account@mirrors.sohu.com should I send trigger
to when you done that. And also beware if you have firewall setup on
your server.

Regards,

-Andrew