Re: ftpsync README rewrite

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:

As part of planning an improved mirroring mechanism I came across some
anomalies for which I cannot find explanations.  Can anyone on this
list please provide clues to the following issues?

1. What is the purpose of:
	./debian/dists/proposed-updates?
	./indicies/files/components/sundries.list?

2. Does ./debian/dists/lenny/main/installer-${ARCH}/${VERSION}/ ever
hold anything other than images/* ?

3. The security.debian.org/debian-security/README.security file suggests using:

	deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

... in sources.list.  Is there a missing /debian-security/in the URI?

4.  Also, there are contrib and non-free entries under pool/updates
and under dists/*/updates -- how does a user access them?

5.  Why is experimental listed under projects/ in addition to under dists/ ?

Thanks for any hints.

-- Lee