Status of main/debian-installer

Dear debian-mirrors,

Is the debain-installer portion of the official debian mirrors "special" in some strange way?

The reason I ask is that the netboot process fails when directed to a local mirror.  This is currently the case for mirrors built with apt-mirror and seems to also have been a long-standing problem with debmirror.

The netboot install process seems to look for the debian-installer package in a non-standard location.  So it fails when aimed at a local mirror, but succeeds when aimed at an official repository.

Where should I look for more information?

Lee Winter
NP Engineering
Nashua, New Hampshire