Re: Debian syncronization failed: Permission denied

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Martin Bagge / brother wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, LITNET FTP Admin wrote:

	I'm an administrator of ftp.litnet.lt in Lithuania. I'm getting error
from debian ftpsync script:
--
[ftpsync-debian-ftp@ftp] (28631) rsync ERROR on 2009.08.07-14:09:50

rsync: opendir "pool/main/s/slicer" (in debian) failed: Permission
denied (13)
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at
main.c(1524) [generator=3.0.3]
--

First error was seen on 2009.08.06-14:40:21.

Upstream mirror: ftp.se.debian.org
Our upstream push mirror: 130.239.18.141

I am using the same upstream and since some days back I've seen some stale NSF handles and stuff.
IE. confirmed.

Yes, our NFS backend server thinks it's fun to reboot randomly now and then. This usually isn't that noticable, but sometimes files/directories being updated change owner to root with restrictive permissions, etc. :/

We'll try and get a better server for the backend soon this fall.

/Mattias Wadenstein