Re: Problem with mirror; Can't find list of contacts

Hello Daniel,

Sorry for the delay..

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 11:01:24PM -0400, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> I'm experiencing problems with a few (three out of four) mirror in
> Canada, but when I when the debian website to find the contact people
> for the mirrors I couldn't find any such thing.  Is that deliberate, or
> is it just hard to find (i.e. should be on the page about mirrors that
> one can get to from the mirror list page)?

We don't want people to directly contact mirrors providers, for some
good reasons :
 * we want to filter false positive reports to avoid harassing admins
   for nothing
 * we want to be aware of issues on mirror

The recommended way is to report a bug against the mirrors
pseudopackage, as documented on
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/pseudo-packages

Such issue can be discussed on debian-mirrors@lists.debian.org as well.

> debian.rafal.mirror.ca  has packages that download to 100% in apt then
> restart (indefinitely), never reporting the package as actually
> downloaded even though the progress bar reached a 100% and it looks
> like it should be going to the next package.  When trying to use this
> mirror with reprepro the download process never completes (that is
> packages are downloaded for days, until I abort, when with

All my download tests from debian.mirror.rafal.ca (mind the difference)
were OK.
Is that still reproductible so that we can analyse it ?

> mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca it works in a few minutes despite low
> throughput at csclub).
> mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca works but is slow (25-30K/s on a link that
> can do 400-600K/s)

I get same result from france, and 4% lost packets.
Do you still experience it ?

> debian.yorku.ca has package which reprepro reports as having the wrong
> sha1sum and md5sum (I'm not sure if apt would say the same thing or
> not; I installed from here when rafal didn't work with apt, but not
> since reprepro started reporting problems).

Can you tell us which are the packages reprepro complains about ?
We are not able to download the whole mirror and check the sums :)

> gulus.usherbrooke.ca times out or reports '503 Connect Failed'

Gulus is facing hardware issues, so it is unfortunately not
available, and has been removed from ftp.ca.d.os since 6th march.