Re: suitable sources.list

Hello Gerard,

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 17:55 +0500, Gerard Robin wrote:
> Currently I am in Mauririus and I tried:
> mu -> Mauritius
> mz -> Mozambique
> zw -> Zimbabwe
> bz -> Botswana
> za -> south africa
> mg -> madagascar
>
> but none of these countries seem to have a mirror debian, only the
> Turkey (tr) and the Australia (au) have a mirror debian but they are
> very far from Mauritius. Perhaps I am missing something ?
> Is it possible to find a mirror less distant from Mauritius ?

Correct, no official repo !
http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.html

I fount those unofficial repositories:

South Africa
   (also useful for Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique,  Namibia,
   Swaziland and Zimbabwe ??)

 * TENET: Tertiary  Education Network
   http://debian.mirror.ac.za/

 * South Africa UCT LEG
   http://ftp.leg.uct.ac.za/pub/linux/debian/

Namibia
 * Namibia Polytechnic of Namibia
   ftp://ftp.polytechnic.edu.na/pub/debian/

Franklin