Re: some changes in anonftpsync

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 11:48:10PM +0100, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> > > The LOGFILE could be based on RSYNC_DIR so the same file can be used for
> > > mirrorring of more directories (e.g. debian and debian-volatile)
> >
> > This leaves the log file in a publically readable place, which people might
> > not want, so I'd leave it as an option...
>
> no... I only changged debian-mirror.log to RSYNC_DIR-mirror.log, translating
> optional slashes to underscores. It does not change the directory where the
> log is stored, only changes its name, if the RSYNC_DIR is not "debian"
> (one variable less to change).
>
> > > -RSYNC_DIR=debian/
> > > +RSYNC_DIR=debian
> >
> > This might be problematic with rsync semantics, which is why it has the
> > slash, but I don't recall. Someone should test :)
>
> I added the trailing slash where it's needed, I removed it from here because
> of the above

Okay, that makes more sense.

But, there's still that problem with moving log files to another location,
which would annoy people who are monitoring the old location.

I'll do the move of the slash, and add a comment about using the module name
in the log file name. Thanks for the idea.

> Btw I think that searching last log in .0 violates the "least surprise",
> so from my point of view I fixed this.

I agree in principle, but when there's no .log and there is .log.0,
that's also not too surprising :)

--
Josip Rodin
mirrors@debian.org