Re: HOW TO use hook? (Re: New mirror scripts for Debian mirrors)

>  Humm....I'm testing new ftpsync script (from git). But I can not
> setup to use HOOKs. How to use them?  Isn't it possible to use
> scripts with some args for hook?

Right, it doesn't like arguments.

>  I hope to run a command with 2 args on HOOK1 (for example) as bellow:
> /home/ftpadm/bin/irc_notify.sh ${NAME} '1st stage start...'
> (${NAME} is defined in ftpsync script)
>  So, I set HOOK1 variable as bellow:
> HOOK1="/home/ftpadm/bin/irc_notify.sh ${NAME} '1st stage start...'"

>  It will cause error with bellow (${NAME} = ftp-sync-debian-jp):

Yep. Thats thanks to the way I wrote it, just haven't thought of
arguments as none of my hookscripts ever had the need of them.
But as it is easily fixable, it now accepts arguments too.

--
bye, Joerg
<mechanix> anyone from the MIA team around? tbm?