Re: mirrors.kernel.org (Re: rsync and debian mirror consistency)

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:14:58AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> He seems to say that debian.org pushes archive content to the kernel.org
> mirrors (rather than running an ssh trigger causing them to immediately
> do a "pull").  It seems that consistency between the .deb files and the
> Packages.gz files isn't maintained by this special push, as it is with
> the anonftpsync template script.  Is this correct?

No, it's not, I fixed that a few months ago. The script rsyncs over the
index files first, doesn't delete,  and then in the second run rsyncs
everything else with --delete-after. Can you demonstrate a problem, what
error messages did you get that led you to the conclusion that this is
broken on .k.o sites?

--
Josip Rodin
mirrors@debian.org