Re: setup a private mirror WITHOUT Internet connection

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:49:29 +0200, Hugo wrote in message
<9ff2c18a0710170949p62f8a5aawc7c846f71a1fef1f@mail.gmail.com>:

> Hi.
> I don´t think that I should ask this here, but maybe someone can help
> me.
>
> I want to install Debian Etch on my job`s network

..erm, a mirror box?  Maybe 3?  One online at work, one offline
at home, and one transport mirror on your laptop?
Or, just a portable mirror disk mounted off /var/www/debian ?

> , and I get the
> installer on DVD for that. Some computers have DVD reader, good. But
> some don´t. For that computers, I decided to perform a network
> installation. I don´t have Internet, so I decided to setup a local
> FTP server.
>
> So I setup a FTP server on my Debian box, and copied all files on the
> DVD into its ftp root directory. Then I use "netinst" cd to perform
> installation.

..why ftp???  Just set up the anonftpsync script, it uses rsync.

.._and_, you want an http boot server, chk out:
http://debian-administration.org/articles/478
and http://etherboot.org/wiki/httpboot
and http://etherboot.org/wiki/pxechaining
and http://etherboot.org/wiki/about