Re: rsync port down in ftp.debian.org

Ricardo Yanez un jour écrivit:
Hi list,

Need to report that the rsync port of ftp.debian.org
(IP:128.101.240.212) has been accessible intermittently.

This is the error I keep getting,

rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(604)
[receiver=2.6.9]

Since this is the mirror we sync from, it would be great if it could be
fixed.

Just use another mirror to rsync from. By the way, this is not the master server, as you might be thinking. Right now, It seems there is only one mirror associated to ftp.debian.org, but in the recent past there was at least 3, and rsyncing from there always had been discouraged (because It can leads to many problems if they are not perfectly synced together).

You can probably ask to get access to master.debian.org, or find a good mirror (possibly in Brazil, if there is good connectivity between the two countries).

Except for what you reported, gluck.debian.org seems to works properly. My guest is that there was some configuration changes to refuse rsync connections from ftp.debian.org and direct IP addresses.

It seems that there is a rsync://gluck.debian.org, but no modules in It. It might be a configuration mistake, or done on purpose, I don't know.

Simon Valiquette

Thanks,
Ricardo Yanez
ftp.cl.debian.org