Re: reminder: Archive-architecture lines in Mirrors.masterlist

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 08:51:35PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

> > > That's no better than leaving it out to signify all architectures, it
> > > poses the same problems with installers for architectures that are not
> > > yet in the main archive.
> >
> > I disagree, this is at least explicit. Previously, the submissions weren't
> > force to include any information with regard to what they are mirroring;
> > now if someone checks 'all of them', then it's safer to assume that they
> > would not be excluding new architectures by default.
>
> I'm talking about architectues that are not in the main archive yet. For
> example, amd64 in 2004.

Er, but is there ever a configuration of Mirrors.masterlist usable for such
architectures? Indeed, it doesn't make sense to use the 'Archive' prefix for
those, because those architectures aren't part of debian/ at the time, and
'Archive' == debian/ in Mirrors.masterlist. You'd really have to have a
separate 'Foo-(http|ftp|rsync):' and 'Foo-architectures:'.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.