Re: Debian mirror in Canada

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 08:56:24AM -0500, Jean-Francois Chevrette wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> I have contacted the kernel.org maintainers and the only answer I got was from a guy that told me like 3 times in one sentence
> that he wasn't sure if they were doing Push-Mirroring. I sent them another email two days ago and still no answer. Any other
> suggestion?

For themselves, the archive is pushed from ftp-master, cf.
http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/project/trace/

Too bad they cannot setup push to other mirrors :(

> On the other hand, we are now synching all arch. from mirrors.kernel.org via the anonftpsync script.

Good.

> Here are the informations as they are requested on the mirror request form:
>
> Site/Hostname: debian.mirror.iweb.ca
> Type: debian, debian-non-US, security
> HTTP: yes
> FTP: yes
> RSYNC: yes (on request)

If you want still to postulate to ftp.ca.debian.org, you'll have to
propose full rsync public access.

I added debian.mirror.iweb.ca to the list of mirrors. This will appear
soon on the website.

> Mirroring from: mirrors.kernel.org
> Maintainer: Jean-Francois Chevrette <mirrors@iweb.ca>
> Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
>
> Comments:
> Updated every 4 hours from mirrors.kernel.org (debian, debian-non-US) and ftp.ca.debian.org (security)

For the moment ftp.ca.debian.org points to ftp.debian.org, a server that
mirrors should avoir to copy from.

Since ftp.ca.debian.org will certainly be attributed to one real
canadian mirror, you should mirror debian-security from
rsync://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian-security/ for example

> Currently 100Mbps (can be upgraded to 1Gbps if necessary)

The more bandwidth you can provide, the better it is :-)

Thank you for providing a mirror !