Debian mirror in Canada

Hi,

I am writing here to introduce our local Debian mirror which we would like to subscribe to become an official Canadian mirror. The mirror has been up-and-running since a few months now for our clients needs in order to provide them with a very fast way to update their OS.

http://debian.iweb.ca/

The mirror architecture & servers are hosted in our datacenters which are located in Montreal, Quebec. iWeb Technologies is amongst the Top 30 Canadian web hosts according to WebHosting.Info, iWeb offers a series of hosting services to answer both individual and corporate needs. We are currently hosting over 2500 dedicated servers without counting all colocated servers and server racks.

We have built a fully redundant architecture based on ATA-over- Ethernet technologies for it's storage nodes. The application node (webserver, ftp server, etc..) also has a live backup server which can replace the main node at anytime. The cluster is currently hosted on a dedicated 100Mbps netowork port which is feeded on our BGP network from providers such as Teleglobe (2x1Gbps), Videotron (2x1Gbps), Peer1 (1Gbps) and Cogent (2x1Gbps).

The mirror is updated ever 4 hours from rsync://ftp.debian.org/ using the anonftpsync and anonftpsync-non-US scripts.

We sync the following for ALL architectures:

 debian/
 debian-non-US/ (for versions prior to 3.1)

We also plan on mirroring ISO images depending on the bandwidth usage of the mirror.

Live MRTG stats can be found here:

http://debian.iweb.ca/stats/

Please contact us for any additionnal details

Regards,
--
Jean-François Chevrette, Sysadmin [iWeb]
http://www.iweb.ca