Canadian Mirror

Please excuse me if I, or others, have brought this up previously but it is still unresolved.

ftp.ca.debian.org is currently just a CNAME to ftp.debian.org which runs from the University of Minnesota (or Minneapolis?). In terms of geography this is very close to Canada and speeds are probably decent from this server to anywhere in Canada. However, this mirror does NOT contain the debian-non-us content, for obvious reasons. Therefore, ftp.ca.debian.org does not contain debian-non-us, which it should.

There are some great Canadian mirrors already running. Personally I use ftp3.nrc.ca and mirror.direct.ca for my apt sources, because both are three hops from my PC and both contain debian-non-us.

I am willing to contact NRC or Look Communications Inc. or the University of Calgary to take over the CNAME for ftp.ca.debian.org but I'm not sure what the process should be for this.

A concerned Cannuck,
   --Mike